Saturday, March 28, 2009

Groovy

As I was watching Scooby Doo with TJ this morning, his new absolute favorite show, I realized I've hit that age that we thought of as "old" when we were kids - it doesn't seem so old now! Middle age just seemed practically impossible and forever away when we were kids. But today, as I'm watching forty year old cartoons with my kid, and he just loves them, and after shopping last week and seeing the "retro" styles coming back (and they are what I wore as a teenager, neon colors of all things!), it has hit me square in my starting-to-get-wrinkles forehead. I remember bugging my mom to get me things that were stylish when she was a kid. I wanted a poodle skirt and saddle oxfords (got the shoes, not the skirt). Movies about the fifties and sixties were the best, two of my favorites are still Grease and Dirty Dancing. However, after a friend posted junior high school photos on Facebook this week, all I can say is that I hope "mall bangs" hairstyles don't make a reappearance!

No comments: